An Attitude Called HAPPINESS
Happiness is the ultimate aim of life, but its a Journey not a Destination. They also say that To love and be loved, is the greatest Happiness of existence. LOVE here is fulfillment in life, feeling of being needed and being important. Normally, in about the same degree, we are Helpful, we will be Happy.
1. Be Grateful to people who make you HAPPY. They are the charming Gods who make your souls blossom. Make a habit of Gratitude and Thanksgiving even for small, small things. Show gratitude to your friends, relatives and children for bringing happier moments. Seeing otherís happy, specially Children, can make us very happy. Have lots of friends, family members and Children around whenever you can which adds to your self-assurance and confidence level in addition to happiness. Read to your Children, Sing to your Children, Listen to your Children. It will make you very happy.
2. Be Thankful to God for his small mercies. Just before shutting your eyes every night, spare five minutes for yourself. Count your present blessings and good fortune which all of us have in plenty rather than past misfortunes which all of us have some. Always look at what you have. Never at what you have lost. Pray regularly and have explicit faith in God.
3. Limit your desires. Tough things to do these days of Hard-selling and new marketing techniques when every day you come across Gadgets/Services you want to own. Most of such items only provide temporary satisfaction but no true value addition in life. Wanting more and more but not having the means, can make anyone very unhappy and leads to a feeling of inferiority complex. Even if one has the means to fulfill all his desires, end result of such ownership or accumulation is always negative.
4. Being Helpful: Each time you are kind or help someone, you will feel your happiness quotient going up considerably. The Best Portions of a Good manís life are his little nameless unsung acts of kindness and love. Being generous, kind and capable of giving will positively make you happy and add to your feel good factor. Shift Stress to Give in life. Society has given us so much. Give something back and see the difference for yourselves. Do not ignore or look the other way when you see the miseries around you. Respond to your conscience. Try to do whatever little you can. Just feel the difference and enjoy your happiness level after you have done your bit.
5. Forgiveness: Forgive and see how great you feel. Do not carry the weight of otherís grudges in your life. Drop them and see how light you feel. Forgiveness is about loving oneself enough to be Honest, Open minded and willing to go ahead in life. Being Open but Honest would make you eternally Happy. Forgiveness adds to lifeís Positive Attitude and give you lot of Peace of Mind and tranquility resulting in perpetual happiness.
6. Good Health: Irrespective of how much money you make and all those goodies you can buy with it, unless you enjoy good health, all that comes to naught. So, for good health and Happiness, you have to work and spare time. An early morning walk is the blessing for the whole day. Eat moderate light meals. Avoid tempting but unhealthy Junk Foods. Laugh, at every opportunity and smile at others to see others smiling back at you. Keep repeating in your mind the events and small things which made you particularly happy and often fill your mind with such events, thoughts and people.
7. Avoid Social competition or one-upmanship which is the major cause of unhappiness and acrimony in most of us. Do not react when othersí show-off. Simply ignore such overtures. Ostentatious living, always in competition with others, does not make sense as a lifestyle not to your Taste, Maturity or Tranquility as you trigger jealousy and envy and sometimes bitterness in others. Always be co-operative and you will see others co-operating with you. Togetherness and a sense of belonging is an elixir to good living adding to your feel good factor and happiness.
8. Learn to cope up with stress, uncertainties and problems of daily lives which are normal but essential part of everyoneís life. We always tend to think that bad things happen to us only. NO. Everyone has his own problems. Do not crib about things. No one likes to be in the company those who are always complaining. Happiness is not the absence of conflict but, your ability to cope with it.
9. Be appreciative of things and people without any ulterior motive. Express your sincere appreciation whenever you can. Try Being a good Listener rather than good speaker. Everyone needs appreciation which results in motivation. If you can provide it to them, you will, in turn, add to your happiness and sense of well-being.
10. Avoid Self-Pity, which is single biggest cause for depression and resultant unhappiness. Always keep your Self-esteem and Self-worth high in your own mind. Set your own Standards and do not ape others. Avoid being petty. Do not let your happiness be Captive to othersí Actions or Outbursts. Take pride in yourself and your heritage. Be a Proud Indian. Make it a habit to look at brighter side of things. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
11. Enjoy your work whatever it is. Ultimately, it is after an honest days work, you will feel happy, satisfied and elated.
12. Have something to look forward to. Anticipation of some good time would always make you happy. Those who look at life with anticipation, see possibilities for Happiness in everything.
Happiness is actually a state of Mind. And Human Mind is an Ocean. Always full of Thoughts. It is up to you to fill this Ocean with undrinkable Salt Water (Negative Thoughts) or Life giving Sweet Water (Happy Positive Thoughts). Life is Complex, Both Good and Bad, Hope and Despair, Success and Failure. All integral part of life. Fill your mind with Positive Thoughts and make Happiness a habit and Goal in life with above Twelve ways. Let there be no space in your mind for anything negative.
Happiness has many parameters. It is not possible that all parameters are fulfilled to make you happy. One rarely has everything going well, to your expectation. So, find Happiness in whatever positive you have instead of harping on negatives.
One more thing. One of the major causes of unhappiness is our expectation from others. We feel extremely unhappy when those expectations or hopes are belied. Limit them. Always do things for your own happiness and as said earlier, do not let your happiness be captive to othersí actions and outbursts. You must achieve that level of happiness in your life not only for your sake but, for the sake of all those around you, your Family Members, your Business Associates, your Staff Members and your Social Friends. They will find a new YOU when you are Happy, Satisfied, Self-assured and Self-confident by employing above twelve ways in your life.
Idea is to offer Positive, step by step guidelines for faithful living, suggesting you to change your attitude towards disappointments, keep focus on your goals and unlock the tremendous healing power of positive attitude, ushering in an era of total and complete happiness in your life.
In the end I would say, if you have desire to be Happy, you will learn to be happy and devise your own ways to remain HAPPY ever after.