101 WISDOM MANTRAS
Make your world a better place to live for yourself, your families and those around you through these WISDOM MANTRAS.
We all love our children and spend major part of our time and earnings on their upkeep and education. Every parent’s ambition is that their children are well placed in life when they grow up and meet life’s challenges successfully. Unfortunately, our entire stress (misplaced) is on academics only.
“ First duty of a university is to teach WISDOM.” Winston Churchill once said. ‘WISDOM’, which is of vital importance to meet life’s challenges, is never even mentioned in any classroom or household.
I have been compiling ‘WISDOM MANTRAS’ for many years and have found that they energize us in a spirit of strong will and optimism. These mantras also provide encouragement that fills our heart and mind with HOPE and JOY and in turn, bring us comfort, strength, guidance and above all, PLEACE OF MIND.
We all need them, most of all our children and families who look to us for guidance, motivation and inspiration. These mantras are also powerful antidote to self-deception, self-doubt, confusion, worry and mis-placed fears. They help us respond to life gracefully.
It is up to you how best you will utilize these 101 WISDOM MANTRAS to impart badly needed WISDOM to your children, family and people around you but there can be no doubt that there is no one better than you to help them countering life’s battles of future.
1. Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.
2. Nothing LASTS for ever; NOT even our TROUBLES.
3. Mind is everything. We become what we think.
4. The wise man has long ears, big eyes, and a short tongue.
5. If you tell the truth, you do not have to remember what you said.
6. Miracles come after a lot of Hard Work.
7. It will help if we could see ourselves as others see us.
8. Time spent with your Children is never wasted.
9. SUCCESS is the last step on the ladder of failure.
10. A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
11. Two things indicate weakness – to be silent, when you should speak, and to speak when you should be silent.
12. When circumstances can’t be changed, Changed Yourself.
13. Well shines when rich or humble and kind.
14. You will NEVER PLEASE all the people all the time. Don’t even try.
15. Some are old at thirty, others are young at eighty.
16. The definition of Hell: Unlimited Leisure.
17. SMILE, even fake it. It takes 72 muscles to frown, only 14 to SMILE.
18. There is no education like adversity.
19. Lead by example. You can only make others better by being good yourself.
20. Nature, time and patience are three grate Healers.physician.
21. Marriage should be a duet – when one sings, the other claps.
22. A person who is nice to you but rood to the waiter, is not a nice person.
23. SUCCESS is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get.
24. It’s never too late. Do it now.
25. Perpetual OPTIMISM is a force multiplier.
26. What soap is to the body, LAUGHTER is to the soul.
27. Hold on to your FRIENDS with both the hands.
28. Nothing is opened more times by mistake than the mouth.
29. Be careful in giving Advice. Wise don’t need it. Fools won’t heed it.
30. There is an inherent good in most difficulties.
31. ENTHUSIASM is an elixir of life.
32. Be a tough-minded optimist.
33. The tide always comes back. Don’t ever accept defeat.
34. Problems are normal and an essential part of life.
35. Learn the skill of Forgetting. And move on.
36. Tension is foolish. Remember. This too shall pass.
37. Take counsel from your BELIEFS; not from your fears.
38. The night is darkest before dawn. But the Dawn comes.
39. Say Thank you. No act of service is too small to acknowledge.
40. Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim.
41. Stand up to be seen. Speak up to be heard. Shut up to be appreciated.
42. Follow the truth wheresoever it leads.
43. We all need some kind of daily lift to keep us going.
44. Jealousy arises from a lack of confidence in yourself.
45. One Wise Head is better than a hundred strong hands.
46. When life brings you showers, use your smile for an umbrella.
47. It is often better not to see an insult than to avenge it.
48. Violence is last refuge of the incompetent.
49. Never give in. Never, Never, Never….
50. Happy memories are the treasures of the Heart.
51. The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than SAVED BY CRITICISM.
52. The only things we ever keep are what we give away.
53. If may be alright to be content with what you have, never with what you are.
54. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
55. Good Listener is more popular than a good speaker.
56. A Peace that depends on fear is a suppressed war.
57. If you don’t succeed, Try! Try! Again.
58. To improve is to change; To be perfect is to change often.
59. What’s in a day? Plans to create, People to love, Moments to seize, stars to reach for.
60. A fool learns only from his experience; a WISE MAN also learns from others.
61. To accomplish Great Things we must not only act but also Dream, not only plan, but also Believe.
62. It is better to have one person working with you than three working for you.
63. Fly high, Live large, Dream Big, Every day is your day.
64. There is a strength in friendship that helps us overcome life’s most difficult times.
65. Change emphasis of your thinking from what you want to what you have.
66. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
67. Imagination is far more important than knowledge.
68. May you confront every challenge with courage, wisdom and confidence.
69. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get.
70. Find something you love to do any you’ll never have to work a day in your life.
71. A Good Reputation is more valuable than money.
72. Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.
73. Patience: Softly, quietly, the seed we plant today, grow into the joys that blossom tomorrow.
74. Two minds in Harmony can bridge any distance.
75. Minds are like Parachutes – they only function when open.
76. Those who look at life with anticipation, can see the possibilities for Happiness in everything.
77. God could not be everywhere. So he made Mothers.
78. When you can be brilliant or pleasant, choose Pleasant.
79. In life, to handle yourself, use your head, but to handle others, use your heart.
80. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but, in rising every time we fail.
81. Work that is cheerfully done is normally well done.
82. When you touch a fellow human being with love, you are doing God’s Work.
83. Happiness is found along the way and not at the end of the road.
84. A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he THINKS, that he becomes.
85. To love and be loved, is the greatest happiness of existence.
86. Eat well, Think good thoughts, lead a simple life, you can’t go wrong.
87. You are young at any age if you are planning for tomorrow.
88. Excellence is not found in being the best but in doing your best.
89. In about the same degree you are Helpful, you will be Happy.
90. What will be, will be. Worrying about tomorrow won’t change anything.
91. Happiness is not the absence of conflict but your ability to cope with it.
92. The man who never made mistake, never made anything.
93. In life nothing can be achieved without taking initiative which lies in taking calculated risk.
94. In Army saying “ More you sweat in Peace, less you bleed in War.”
95. If customers go out smiling from your business place, business will flourish.
96. When Shared, grief divides while Happiness multiplies.
97. Just say Yes and make it your favorite word.
98. He who knows when to stop, runs into no danger.
99. Trust your Hopes, not your fears.